January 05, 2015

My Hopes For 2015


I'm tired of being disappointed.

Every year I have high hopes that it's going to be different. And it never is.

So this year I am determined not to be disappointed. I've adjusted my hopes for the year accordingly.

Here's what I'm hoping for in 2015:
  • I'm hoping that some people with no talent or brains became really famous. 
  • I'm hoping that a presidential candidate writes a book.
  • I hope that some Hollywood stars sign a petition.
  • I'm hoping that a famous athlete gets arrested.
  • I'm hoping that college students discover the world isn't perfect.  
  • I hope there's a Super Bowl spot with talking animals.
  • I'm hoping that companies I buy things from make it very hard for me to talk to someone on the phone. 
  • I'm hoping for really annoying online ads. 
  • I hope to see more about Donald Trump, Kim Kardashian, and Al Sharpton.
  • I'm hoping that someone announces they are going to re-invent the ad agency. 
  • I'm hoping this is the year of mobile. 
  • I hope someone in Washington suggests that we move to the metric system. 
  • I hope that some pop music stars share their political opinions with us.
  • I'm hoping that a lot of people decide that anyone who doesn't agree with them -- particularly about religion or politics -- needs to be killed. 
  • I hope that two large advertising companies merge.  
  • I'm hoping that a marketing group holds a conference called "Disrupt" or "Engage" or "Connect."
  • I hope that people get really sensitive about their religion or race or size or height or sex or ethnicity. 
  • I'm hoping that we have more people on TV talk shows screaming at each other. 
  • I hope our elected representatives have really nice suits and haircuts.
  • I'm hoping someone makes a movie about a flawed loner who has to save the world.
  • I'm hoping that a car company has the best deals of the year. 
  • I'm hoping that all my friends post cute pictures of their children. 
    • I'm hoping someone says, "It is what it is." 
    • I hope that a food we thought was good for us turns out to be bad, and a food we thought was bad turns out to be good. 
    • I'm hoping for more data-driven insights.
    • I hope that the ceo of a once-great magazine or newspaper decides they need to be an "online content provider. " 
    • I'm hoping to read about developing my personal brand. 
    • I hope that a tech ceo publishes an article about how I can be just like him if I follow five simple rules. 
    • I hope that someone writes a book about how to market to millennials. 
    I have a feeling that this year I won't be disappointed.



    7 comments:

    Carl Zetie said...

    I have the same strategy on a personal level. For the past 5 years my New Year's Resolutions have been:

    * I will join a gym and work out three times a week for the first
    three weeks. After that I will slip to twice a week, then once. In
    September I will realize that I haven't been for months. I will continue
    to pay monthly dues until mid-2016 before finally accepting that I'm
    never going back.

    * I will go on a diet and lose 10 pounds. I will come off the diet and gain 15.

    * I
    will give up drinking. Except at weekends, of course: no point being a
    puritan about these things. And weekends begin on Friday. Which means a
    drink after sunset on Thursday night is really just getting an early
    start on the weekend. And one drink with dinner during the week isn't
    really drinking. Nor is one before dinner, one after dinner, or one
    instead of dinner.

    Cecil B. DeMille said...

    Great Expectations it isn't.

    ubermore said...

    if there isn't a conference called "Connect Engage Disrupt" then there should be....

    Jonathan Rodgers said...

    Take heart, Bob - you're good for the rest of the year. Almost all of your wishes have surely been granted by now. (Sorry. 27 days till talking animals on the SuperBowl.)

    Eriks said...

    Also, http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/11316316/Red-meat-triggers-toxic-immune-reaction-which-causes-cancer-scientists-find.html

    mikejames said...

    Great Expectations it isn't.


    Amz Authority Zone Membership – A Must Join Program with The Biggest Baddest 1st Amazon Membership Site Online Over $20 Million Dollars Sold on Amazon

    http://www.releasedl.com/2015/01/amz-authority-zone/

    MC said...

    Dear Bob!
    I hope, all your hopes come true! :-) don't worry! I will keep my finger crossed!

    Caroline
    advertising agency Scotland