It's a fast-paced, thrill-packed journey through the back alleys of marketing... or, wait... maybe it's an uproarious romp across the treacherous landscape of today's advertising industry... or, hold on, maybe it's just a book I scraped together from this blog, articles I've written, talks I've given, and stuff I found lying around at Taco Bell. You decide.
The theme of the book is that the advertising and marketing industries are kinda screwed-up. Including...
- the gross misunderstanding of the role of brands
- the near destruction of the agency business
- the mistaking of gimmicks for trends
- the abandonment of the most powerful consumer group the world has ever seen
- the fantasy of social media marketing
- the fraud and corruption in digital advertising
- the silliness of putting pineapple on pizza
So if I were you (and you can be thankful I'm not) I'd click on over to Amazon right now and lay my five-and-a-quarter down.
Be the first in your therapy group to own a copy of Marketers Are From Mars, Consumers Are From New Jersey.
UPDATE: WOW. BOOK JUMPED TO #4 ON FIRST DAY. LOOKS LIKE THEY'RE TEMPORARILY SOLD OUT. PLEASE KEEP TRYING. THANKS, BH