One of the wonderful things about modern marketing is that it is so easy to engage your target audience by creating and curating compelling content.
Just create something awesome and post it. Before you know it thousands of people are viewing it and tweeting about it to their friends. Pretty soon, you and your brand are incredibly hot!
Google says there are 38 trillion pages of content on the web. So what? Don't let that stop you. People are really into your brand. Your brand is so much more compelling than world leaders, or pop stars, or sports figures, or Kardashians.
Sure, you're competing with every entertainment and sports and news and cultural producer on the planet for peoples' attention. But all they have is beautiful, famous, talented stars, and amazing athletes, and worldwide news. You have something they don't have -- BRAND STORIES!
Make people totally fascinated with your brand by creating powerful brand stories! Soon, they'll want to have a brand relationship, and understand how your brand aligns with their lives, and how they can co-create with it, and share brand values. You'll have a global community of brand ambassadors creating a movement around your awesome brand.
Here's the key: STORYTELLING!
And who's better at storytelling than you? I mean, at company parties -- you're the man!
We all know that Disney and CBS and Yahoo and ESPN and HBO and Fox and Pixar and Dreamworks are always scrambling to come up with ideas that people will be interested in. Why? It's obvious....those "Hollywood types" don't know anything about storytelling!
They have to hire high-priced "writers" and "directors" and beautiful "stars" and spend hundreds of millions of dollars to create their content. Then they make stories about love and war and aliens and crime and spies and triumph and human emotions. Why? Because their stories aren't nearly as compelling as YOUR BRAND! Come on. You can do better than them!
You have BRAND STORIES to tell -- and that's what people want! They want to hear the story of how your new spread improves the taste of any sandwich! They want to know how your heating and cooling system aligns with their active lifestyle!
Here's an example. You know all those shows on Public Broadcasting that no one watches? Those guys just don't get it! If they had your SOCIAL MEDIA TEAM to do some awesome storytelling for them -- not that crappy stuff about space, nature, murder, history, or music -- maybe someone would finally pay attention.
Here are some tips for creating amazing content for your brand that people will really want to engage with and share:
- Make your content fun! (When will those movie studios ever learn this?)
- Don't be boring! (Don't be like all those magazines with beautiful women on the cover with their shirts open and their tits falling out. Who the heck wants to see that?)
- Write attention-grabbing headlines! (And use lots of these things !!!)
- Provide useful information! (Because, aside from your brand's content, there's hardly any information on the internet!)
- Know your audience! (Insider tip: Everyone likes puppets!)Creating compelling content is awesome. It's a surefire way to surprise and delight your target audience. It's fun, and it's going to take your brand right to the top.