In order to keep my contrarian credentials, I'm not going to talk about the advertising.
Okay, maybe just a little.
A few observations.
- When does John Madden get back?
- Loved Sean Payton's guts
- Carrie Underwood missed the note on "...brave" by about 30 yards
- The Who? Really? Glad to see the old formula still holding up -- the bigger the laser show, the worse the music.
- The only spot that made me laugh out loud took 25 minutes to shoot and consists of three people sitting on a sofa -- Letterman, Winfrey, Leno.
- GoDaddy continued its run of alarming witlessness.
- Looks like another good year at the movies for morons.
- US Census advertising -- the biggest waste of your tax money since... I don't know, the AIG bailout?
- The least expensive spot on the Super Bowl and a good one -- Google.
- Denny's Free Grand Slam Breakfast -- terrific use of Super Bowl.
- The animation on the baby's lips in the eTrade spots has definitely improved.
- That Tim Tebow thing broke one of my cardinal rules -- no spots with athlete's mothers
- Huh? -- Bridgestone, Kia, Emerald Nuts + Pop Secret, BoostMobile, Doritos, Monster
- Dove for Men? -- Wrong
- Long run for short slide -- CarsDotCom
- Betty White -- Still funny after all these years
- Dodge Charger -- Politically dangerous. I liked it
- Coke (Simpsons) -- nice
- Clydesdales -- The final thud?
- Taco Bell (Barkley) & Dr Pepper (Kiss) -- Oy
- Is the talking animal thing finally over?
- But seriously, when does John Madden get back?