In Death by Branding TAC asserted that Southwest Airlines was on the way to ruining their brand with "branding."
What makes their campaign so awful is that they're trying to convince business travelers that flying Southwest will make us "more productive." Right. That's the big airline issue for me. Not price. Not schedule. Not comfort. Not reliability.
"Bob, what airline you wanna take?"It's such a moronic strategy, it can only have come from a planning department.
"I don't know. Which one makes me more productive?"
As a service to the marketing department at Southwest, thought I'd give them one traveler's list of the top 10 things I consider when choosing an airline:
1. Hope I don't die.
2. Hope I get an upgrade.
3. Hope the toilet ain't too stinky.
4. Hope I don't sit next to a talker.
5. Hope it leaves on time.
6. Hope I don't sit next to a laptop maniac.
7. Hope I don't sit next to a smelly fatty.
8. Hope I don't sit next to a smelly fatty laptop maniac talker.
9. Hope I don't die.
10. Hope I don't die.