The one I watched had all the usual Super Bowl advertising stuff:
- Dancing Aliens
- Lovable Insects
- Cars Screeching and Crashing
- People Flying Out Of Windows
- Really Big Explosions
- Women With Very Large Breasts
- Movie Trailers about Dancing Aliens, Lovable Insects, Cars Screeching and Crashing, People Flying Out of Windows, Really Big Explosions and Women With Very Large Breasts
- Men Getting Hit In The Nuts With Stuff
- Talking Babies
- People Famous For Almost Nothing Endorsing Products Good For Almost Nothing
- And, of course, Monkeys
According the The Wall Street Journal from last Friday, this year was going to be completely different.
In an article entitled "Super Bowl Ads Try Hard-Sell" we were assured that this year's crop of commercials was going to "offer a stark contrast" to the usual Super Bowl silliness.
As a matter of fact we were told ..."This Year's Pitches Cry Out 'Buy Me'."
Just my luck to spend all day watching the wrong game.