January 13, 2009

7 Things You Really Don't Want To Know About Me

There is an insidious pyramid thing going around in which bloggers are being asked to reveal 7 things about themselves in their blogs.

I would normally ignore it but I was tagged by the wonderful Ad Broad. Nobody with any sense defies the Ad Broad.

So, here are 7 things you’ll wish you didn’t know about me.

1. I like people who don’t like people.

2. I have never seen American Idol, Desperate Housewives, Survivor, CSI, LA Law, ER, 30 Rock, Friends, Law and Order, or Sex and the City. I have never seen a movie with Brad Pitt, Arnold Schwartzenegger, Bruce Willis, Angelina Jolie, Johnny Depp, Denzell Washington, Nicole Kidman, Halle Berry, or Kate Winslett. I like to read.

3. Sometimes I go to baseball games just because I want a hot dog.

4. I have a band. It’s called The All-Bob Band. I am the only member. Well, not counting a computer and a few synthesizers and guitars. It is alarmingly bad, but I don't care. It has one fan. Thank you, David.

5. My favorite movie of all time is Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy a made-for-tv 7-part British production from 1979 starring Alec Guiness. I watch all seven parts once a year.

6. My all-time favorite fictional character is Angel of The Rockford Files. TAC Award of Merit if you can tell me Angel's full name (the character, not the actor). No Googling.

7. I am nostalgic for things that never were. The Old West of Louis Lamour; the San Francisco of Sam Spade; the 50's of "I Love Lucy."

Now the really hard part. I have to “tag” seven other bloggers who are also required to reveal 7 things about themselves. The problem is, I only read five blogs regularly. Here are the blogs I read:

AdBroad: Born in Tennessee and speaks Chinese. Beat that
AdAged: Often even darker than I am
AdPulp: I like David
AdScam: Fucking hilarious
The Toad Stool: He’s smarter than us

So I can’t tag seven. I can’t even tag these five, because two have already been tagged. So I’m tagging George Parker (AdScam) who’ll probably call me a douchenozzle for doing it, and George Tannenbaum (Ad Aged) who’ll probably kill himself or me or something. I‘m also tagging David Burn (AdPulp) even though his name isn't George.

For George, George, and not-George:
The rules:

  • Share seven facts about yourself in the post.
  • Link to your original tagger(s) and list these rules in your post.
  • Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
  • Let them know they’ve been tagged.

Tomorrow:
How Advertising Works - Part 3: The First Principle

No comments: