May 04, 2015

Marketers Are From Mars, Consumers Are From New Jersey


My new book, Marketers Are From Mars, Consumers Are From New Jersey is now available at Amazon.

It's a fast-paced, thrill-packed journey through the back alleys of marketing... or, wait... maybe it's an uproarious romp across the treacherous landscape of today's advertising industry... or, hold on,  maybe it's just a book I scraped together from this blog, articles I've written, talks I've given, and stuff I found lying around at Taco Bell. You decide.

The theme of the book is that the advertising and marketing industries are kinda screwed-up. Including...
  • the gross misunderstanding of the role of brands 
  • the near destruction of the agency business
  • the mistaking of gimmicks for trends 
  • the abandonment of the most powerful consumer group the world has ever seen 
  • the fantasy of social media marketing 
  • the fraud and corruption in digital advertising
 
  • the silliness of putting pineapple on pizza
Here's the good news. For the rest of eternity, the book will retail for $7.95, but for the first week only it is selling at Amazon for $5.25. That's less than you pay for a 6-month old bottle of tepid water at your local multiplex. And with no planet-destroying plastic container.

So if I were you (and you can be thankful I'm not) I'd click on over to Amazon right now and lay my five-and-a-quarter down.

Be the first in your therapy group to own a copy of Marketers Are From Mars, Consumers Are From New Jersey.

UPDATE: WOW. BOOK JUMPED TO #4 ON FIRST DAY. LOOKS LIKE THEY'RE TEMPORARILY SOLD OUT. PLEASE KEEP TRYING. THANKS, BH


10 comments:

Parvez Sheik Fareed said...

Ha! Just ordered
a copy. Out of curiosity: What was the reason for dropping the title
"Advertising needs troublemakers"?

Mike Essex said...

Also curious about that, it was a great title!


Any chance of a Kindle edition?

bob hoffman said...

I changed the thrust of the book midstream and thought it needed a different title.

bob hoffman said...

Yes, Kindle edition should be coming within a week or two. Takes a little time to format it.

Mike Essex said...

Perfect, I'll definitely pick it up. Congratulations on finishing it.

Robert Snow said...

Bob, I just tried, and it looks as if the book is not available on Amazon. Some kind of glitch perhaps? I've enjoyed your work for awhile now -- particularly the B.S. speech from last year. Keep being contrary; our industry needs more like you!

bob hoffman said...

Sorry, Robert. It looks like they're temporarily sold out. I guess that's good.

Shanghai61 said...

No kindle version?

Tom Innis said...

In spite of my affinity for pineapple on pizza, I can't wait to read the book, Bob.

bob hoffman said...

Thanks Tom.