February 09, 2015

An Adman's Life


Okay, this is embarrassing.

Here's the back-story: A while ago I was listening to a wonderful song by Jesse Winchester called "A Showman's Life."

I thought it would make for a nice parody. So I wrote, "An Adman's Life."

It's been laying around for a few years. Having no shame, and with sincere apologies to Jesse, I decided to record it and put it on the blog.

The bad playing and terrible singing are mine alone (with a little help from Apple) so there's no one to blame but myself.

To prevent being beaten senseless by your neighbors, I suggest you listen to this only on headphones.

8 comments:

Mike Fletcher said...

Decent voice you've got there Bob!

George Tannenbaum said...

Love it.

royAB said...

Is it available as a ringtone too? Brilliant - even at 11

Jeff Spicoli said...

Word on the street is that Kanye West is outraged over this and plans to storm the stage at your next speaking engagement. Just letting you know.

leftoverlondoner said...

Sheer joy!

Rob Hatfield said...

Bob, you are one talented, multi-tasking SOB. Nice job.

Daan said...

As usual I tend to agree with your opinion. The singing IS pretty awful. May I suggest to publish the hilarious lyrics?

Charlotte said...

I'm thinking I'm hearing a little Tom Petty in there. A man on the verge of his second career. Not bad.