I'm tired of being disappointed.
Every year I have high hopes that it's going to be different. And it never is.
So this year I am determined not to be disappointed. I've adjusted my hopes for the year accordingly.
Here's what I'm hoping for in 2015:
- I'm hoping that some people with no talent or brains became really famous.
- I'm hoping that a presidential candidate writes a book.
- I hope that some Hollywood stars sign a petition.
- I'm hoping that a famous athlete gets arrested.
- I'm hoping that college students discover the world isn't perfect.
- I hope there's a Super Bowl spot with talking animals.
- I'm hoping that companies I buy things from make it very hard for me to talk to someone on the phone.
- I'm hoping for really annoying online ads.
- I hope to see more about Donald Trump, Kim Kardashian, and Al Sharpton.
- I'm hoping that someone announces they are going to re-invent the ad agency.
- I'm hoping this is the year of mobile.
- I hope someone in Washington suggests that we move to the metric system.
- I hope that some pop music stars share their political opinions with us.
- I'm hoping that a lot of people decide that anyone who doesn't agree with them -- particularly about religion or politics -- needs to be killed.
- I hope that two large advertising companies merge.
- I'm hoping that a marketing group holds a conference called "Disrupt" or "Engage" or "Connect."
- I hope that people get really sensitive about their religion or race or size or height or sex or ethnicity.
- I'm hoping that we have more people on TV talk shows screaming at each other.
- I hope our elected representatives have really nice suits and haircuts.
- I'm hoping someone makes a movie about a flawed loner who has to save the world.
- I'm hoping that a car company has the best deals of the year.
- I'm hoping that all my friends post cute pictures of their children.
- I'm hoping someone says, "It is what it is."
- I hope that a food we thought was good for us turns out to be bad, and a food we thought was bad turns out to be good.
- I'm hoping for more data-driven insights.
- I hope that the ceo of a once-great magazine or newspaper decides they need to be an "online content provider. "
- I'm hoping to read about developing my personal brand.
- I hope that a tech ceo publishes an article about how I can be just like him if I follow five simple rules.
- I hope that someone writes a book about how to market to millennials.