Apparently there is now a 10 question test they give before they issue a taxi license.
Here is the test:
- Have you ever taken a shower?
- Have you ever had an article of clothing laundered or dry cleaned?
- Can you imagine any circumstance under which you might smile?
- Have you ever stayed in one lane for more than 30 seconds?
- Do you know how to operate a turn signal?
- Have you ever answered a direct question with a direct answer?
- Have you ever stepped gently on an accelerator or brake pedal?
- Have you ever made a left turn from the left lane, or a right turn from the right lane?
- Have you ever been helpful or well-mannered?
- Are you aware that every cell phone has an "off" switch?
By The Way...
...my father was a NYC cab driver so I don't want to hear from any weenies about how elitist/prejudiced/insensitive I am.