March 07, 2014

Money For Nothing


Money For Nothing
Radio Shack reported this week a 20% drop in 4th quarter sales. It was their 8th consecutive quarter of losing money. They also announced that they would close over a thousand stores. Oh, and they also announced a half-million dollar bonus for their ceo.

Dude shoulda closed 2,000 stores. Then he coulda got a million.

Running My Mouth
Two speaking gigs coming up in the next few weeks.

Next week I'll be at the American Society on Aging conference in San Diego on a panel about marketing to people over 50.

On April 2nd I'll be in London to give a talk at Advertising Week Europe. I expect to see you all there. And, please, no lame excuses about passport difficulties.

And if you're looking for a dynamic and provocative speaker for an event you're having, I can do a pretty good impersonation.

And the Oscar For Technical Difficulties Goes To...
...the Interwebs.

According to an article on Quartz entitled, Internet TV Was The Big Loser On Oscar Night...
One of the biggest nights in American television was essentially unwatchable online, as technical problems marred various live streams of the Oscars and highlighted the huge gap between internet TV’s promise and its glitchy reality. 
Hold on a second. Does Adweek know about this?

6 comments:

Martin Headon said...

Do you know if there's any way to get into your talk in London without paying the huge fee for the entire Advertising Week package? I'm not sure that any of the other talks are worth attending, even if I could afford it...

Adam said...

Martin - my thought exactly. I'd definitely go see TAC in London but £330 for one talk is steep. I may make up a fictional trade mag to get a press pass.

guest said...

And I might just pass as a student for £49.

bob hoffman said...

Sorry, I don't know. Check the website.

Stephen Eichenbaum said...

Hey Radio Shack: the 80's called. They want their profits back.Serves 'em right. Every time i go in their to buy some odd-sized battery, they wanna know all my contact info. I'm looking for a battery not a pen pal.

Jon P said...

I am shocked that the CEOs bonus was...so miniscule. He needs to find a job on Wall St.

Can I book you for a speaking engagement at my local tavern next time you're in town?