December 14, 2012

The Reviews Are In


Tis the season of shameless self-promotion. I've been thinking that a book makes a great holiday gift, and if it doesn't, it makes wonderful kindling for the fireplace.

Anyway, in order to convince you that you really should be buying my book this season, I thought I'd take one line from each of the 17 reviews on Amazon and make myself feel really good by posting them. These are real excerpts and you can read the full reviews here.

We're now sitting at #3 on the Amazon advertising paperback chart, and I'm hoping to get one of those big foam fingers for Christmas.

From Amazon...
"Funniest thing I have read all year"

 "Bob Hoffman's perspective is terrific because he continually digs into various heaping piles of advertising hype to discover nuggets of truth."

"The world's second best book on advertising!"

"I loved this book."

"A handbook for smart marketers. Did I mention he is funny as hell?" 

"I've been a fan of Bob's blog for a long time. His wit and insight into the business of advertising is spot on"

"Pleasantly didactic and cheerfully challenging of the fables and fantasies that pass for advertising principles"

"As an advertising professional who has been in this business for some 30 years, I found this one of the most refreshing reads on advertising in many years."

"Order more than one copy - you'll want to hand these out as a "gift" because it is just that." 

"Every boss I have ever had would be better off for reading this."


"Bob Hoffman may call himself the Ad Contrarian, but in reality he's a font of common sense."

"Bob is one of the smartest guys in the business. His thoughts are not obscured by fads, what's au courant or quotidian bs."

"...real truths about marketing and advertising. I would describe the book as "engaging" but not in a dirty social media way." 

"Bob Hoffman's take on the advertising industry is refreshing, insightful, amusing and discerning."

"This book is an insightful, hilarious look at what's wrong with advertising agencies, with marketing in general, and maybe even the world overall".

"This is a great book. I am going to read it again and again."

"Buy it, read it. If you are like me it will make you laugh, make you cry and shake your head in wonder."
Buy it in either Paperback or eBook format here. (Paper burns so much more nicely.)

No comments: