December 06, 2012

How Much BS Can You Write About BS?


It's Christmas time. So in the great American spiritual tradition, it's time to start selling.

My latest book, 101 Contrarian Ideas About Advertising, which you can see right over here -------------------------------------------------------------------> peaked at #2 and has been hanging around the top 10 on Amazon's list of advertising paperbacks since its publication back last April.

Can you believe there are 19,856 paperbacks about advertising at Amazon? 19,856! How much silly nonsense can you possibly make up about advertising? Or, to put it another way, how much bullshit can you produce about bullshit?

Come to think of it, I do that just about every day, don't I?

Anyway, here are 4 good reasons you should buy this book:
1. It's semi-hilarious
2. It's quasi-informative
3. It's way too cheap
4. I have this weird thing on my nose and I think I'm gonna die
Order it now and it will arrive long before the stockings are hung. I will exercise great restraint at this point and not make puerile jokes about things being hung.

And if you're looking for something useful for yourself, it's a great way to look busy while you're lying around in a drunken stupor. You hear that, George?

Happy holidays and buy my damn book. 


3 comments:

mightiermouse said...

Hey ho! The link ain't working the way it should. It should be this link that you use: http://amzn.to/TJIwoB

Or else you get Ogilvy as your first option and I've gotten that already. I'm just too darn broke right now to afford this pearl. But hey, that's the link you want ... goes right to the good stuff :)

Chris Seiger said...

To be fair, George does everything in a drunken stupor, not just lie around. At least, that's what I *heard*.

Many loyal contrarians are also loyal adscammers, after all. And between the two of you, I'm being browbeaten into buying too many books.

That just makes it feel like the holidays, though.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the twitter coupon