1. How many ads does Facebook serve on a daily basis?
a) 64,0002. You are twice as likely to be over 95 years old than to...
a) click on a Facebook ad3) 8% of internet users:
b) be on the first page of a Google search
c) have more than 100 viewers of your YouTube video
d) have more than 100 Twitter followers
a) have accounts at Amazon.com4) The percent of consumers who say they want to interact directly with companies online:
b) have never done a Google search
c) account for 85% of all ad clicks
d) cannot read
a) 13%5) The number one reason people "unlike" a brand on Facebook is:
a) the brand posts too many updates6) When you go to Dictionary.com to look up a word, how many tracking files do they install on your computer?
b) the brand's Facebook page has too many ads
c) the brand tries to sell them something
d) the brand has a negative story in the news
a) None7) 1/4 of all search engine requests:
a) are misspelled8) 66% of US marketers track increases and decreases in friends, fans, and followers for their social media efforts. What percent track sales for their social media efforts?
b) are for pornography
c) are for a restaurant
d) concern pop music
a) 12%9) 84% of Internet users:
a) never buy anything online10) What percent of US commerce is conducted on line?
b) never click on an ad
c) never empty their email trash
d) have at least 4 different email accounts
1) Facebook serves up 64 billion ads a day. The correct answer is d.
2) One in a thousand Americans is over 95 years old. 5 in ten thousand Facebook ads get clicked on. Therefore, a person is twice as likely to be over 95 than click on a Facebook ad. The correct answer is a.
3) 8% of internet users account for 85% of all clicks. Another 8% account for the remaining 15%. The correct answer is c.
4) Only 13% of Americans say they want to interact with companies. The correct answer is a.
5) The number one reason people say they "unlike" a brand on Facebook is that brand "overshares." The correct answer is a.
6) According to The Wall Street Journal, when you look up a word on Dictionary.com, they place 234 tracking files on your computer. Correct answer, d.
7) According to Brigham Young University, 25% of all internet searches are for pornography, b.
8) While 2/3 of all companies with social media programs track friends, followers, etc., only 29% track sales, b.
9) 84% of internet users never click on an ad. The correct answer is b. (see #3 above)
10) According to the US Department of Commerce, 4% of commercial activity occurs online. 96% occurs off line. The correct answer is a.
How did you do?
Correction: When I first posted this, in Question #1 I mistakenly had "YouTube" instead of "Facebook." You see, even bloggers aren't perfect.