Nobody is smarter than the facts.
Contrary to all the baloney you read and all the nonsense promulgated by media and marketing "experts," and digital maniacs, TV viewing continues to grow and continues to swamp online activity.
Here are some facts from Nielsen's Cross-Platform Report for the 1st quarter of 2013:
- The average American spent about six times more time watching live TV than on the web.
- 97% of all video was viewed on a television. Less than 3% was viewed online.
- About 1/2 of 1% of video viewing was done on a mobile phone.
- Average live TV viewing increased by more than 1.5 hours a month compared to last year.
- 92% of TV viewing was done live. 8% was time-shifted (DVR.)
- TV viewing remains at record high levels.